Dr. Md. Farid Hussain
Environmental Analytical Chemistry, Pulse Polarographicmethod of metal analysis, Air and Water Pollution studies.
e-mail: mfh[AT] nerist(dot)ac(dot)in /mfh225762[AT]yahoo(dot)com,
Phone(EPBX/Office):2257401 - 410 extn. 6119 (Off)
- Professional Background
- Honors and Awards
- Educational Details
- Administrative Background
- Sponsored Research Projects
- Memberships in Professional bodies
- Participation in short term courses
|1987||1988||Research Scientist||ISM, Dhanbad|
|1986||1987||Pool Scientist||CSMCRI, Bhavnagar|
|1985||1986||Research Associate||ISM, Dhanbad|
|1. CSIR-JRF||CSIR-New Delhi|
|National Merit Scholarship|
|Ph.D.||Chemistry||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi||1985|
|M.Sc.||Physical Chemistry||Aligarh Muslim University||1980|
|B.Sc.||Chemistry||Aligarh Muslim University||1978|
|1996||2001||Warden, Hostel Block 'B'||NERIST|
|2004||2005||Controller (Stores &Purchase) Secretary||NERIST|
|2010||2012||Nominee Chairman, KendriyaVidyalaya||ISTE Assam & Eastern NERIST|
|2010||2012||Chairman, NERIST Entrance Examination||NERIST|
|2012||2015||Head, Department of Chemistry||NERIST|
|2015||Till date||Dean (Administration)||NERIST|
|Removal Of Heavy Metals From Industrial Effluents Using Organic Compound Adsorbents||CSIR, New Delhi.||05-05-96 to 31-03-99|
|Potentials and Kinetics of Heavy Metal Load and Self - Purification Power of Pachin River (Itanagar).||Ministry of Environment & Forests, Govt. of India, New Delhi||29-12-98 to 31-03-2001|
- Life Member - Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA)
- Life Member - Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE),
- Life Member – Indian Society of Analytical Scientists (ISAS).
|Course Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Integrated Watershed Development and Management||ISTE-AICTE||17-28 December 2001|
|IT Applications in Library and Information Management||NERIST||11-22 November 2002|
|Integrated Management Programme for Effective Management of Technical Institutions||ISTE-AICTE||17-28 March 2003|
|Frontier Lecture Programme||IIT Guwahati||29-30 August 2003|
|Technical Institutions and Entrepreneurial Development: OD Approach||NERIST||16-26 December 2003|
|Science, Women and Creative Spirit||NERIST||15-19 March 2004|
|Self Employment Generation||NERIST||22-26 March 2004|
|Recent Trends in Environment and Sustainable Development||NERIST||11th September 2004|
|Awareness Programme on ISO 14000 Environment Management System||Electronics Test & Development Centre, Guwahati||30-31 January 2006|
|Behavioural Competency Development: Psychological Aspects||AICTE-ISTE||23-27 March 2009|
|Faculty Awareness Camp on Entrepreneurship (FACE)||ISTE-NSTEDB||26-28 November 2009|
|2nd One-day INDEST User Convention (E-Journals & E-Resources Awareness Training||Indian National Digital Library in Engineering Sciences and Technology (INDEST)||10th September 2011|
|Stress Management’. Faculty development Programme||TEQIP||4-6 November 2013|
- Differential Pulse Polarographic Determination of Pb in Complex Materials After Adsorption of Its N-Methyl ethyl xanthocarbamate Complex on Micro-crystalline Naphthalene or on N-Methyl ethyl xanthocarbamate Benzyl dimethyl tetra decyl ammonium–Naphthalene Adsorbent’. M. F. Hussain, A. K. Sangahi, I. Ahmad and B. K. Puri. Journal of AOAC International, 2002, 85(3), 712-718, USA).
- 'N-Methylethylxxanthocarbamate as an Analytical Reagent: Differential Pulse Polarographic Determination of Cadmium in Standard alloys, Biological and Environmental samples after Adsorption of its Complex on Microcrystalline Naphthalene', M. F. Hussain, A. K. Sangahi and B. K. Puri. Journal of Analytical Chemistry, 2002, 57(8), 724-729 (Russia).
- ‘Spectrophotometric Determination of Vanadium and Indium After Adsorption of Their Trifluoroethyl xanthates onto Microcrystalline Naphthalene and Replacement by Copper’, M. F. Hussain, A. K. Sangahi and B. K. Puri. ChimicaActaTurcica, 1999, 27(2), 19-25.
- Simultaneous Determination of Cobalt and Nickel in Standard Alloys, Environmental and Biological Samples by Differential Pulse Polarography after Pre-concentration of Their Morpholine-4-carbodithioates on Microcrystalline Naphthalene or Morpholine-4-dithiocarbamate-CTMAB-Naphthalene Adsorbent’. Swati Puri, R. K. Dubey, B. K. Puri and M. F. Hussain. Analytical Letters, 1998, 31(2), 283-297.
- ‘Determination of Arsenic in various Environmental and Oil Samples by Differential Pulse Polarography after Adsorption of Its Morpholine-4-carbodithioate onto Microcrystalline Naphthalene or Morpholine-4-dithio-carbamate-CTMAB-Naphthalene Adsorbent’.Rajesh Kumar Dubey, Bal Krishan Puri and M. F. Hussain. Analytical Letters, 1997, 30(1), 163-172.
- Trifluoroethyl xanthate as an Analytical Reagent: AAS of Zinc, Antimony and Lead after Coprecipitation of Their Trifluoroethylxanthates onto Microcrystalline Naphthalene’. M. F. Hussain, M. Katyal, B. K. Puri and Y. Takagi. International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry, 1990, 38, 525-531.
- ‘Trifluoroethylxanthate as an Analytical Reagent: Spectrophotometric Determination of Uranium and Iron in Complex Materials’. M. F. Hussain, B. K. Puri, M. Katyal and M. Satake. Annali di Chimica, 1986, 76, 61–68, (Rome).
- ‘Spectrophotometric Determination of Molybdenum After Separation by the Adsorption of Its Trifluoroethyl xanthate on Naphthalene’. M. F. Hussain, M. Katyal, B. K. Puri and M. Satake. Analyst (London), 1986, 111, 1171-1174
- ‘Trifluoroethyl xanthate as an Analytical Reagent: Spectrophotometric Determination of Cobalt, and Copper as Their Trifluoroethylxanthates’. M. F. Hussain, B. K. Puri, R. K. Bansal and M. Satake. MicrochimActa (Wien), 1985, 1, 227-236.
- Spectrophotometric Determination of Cobalt, Nickel and Iridium after Coprecipitation of Their Tetrahydrofurfurylxanthates on to Microcrystalline Naphthalene’. M. F. Hussain, R. K. Bansal, B. K. Puri and M. Satake. Analyst (London), 1985, 110, 1131-1136.
- Separation of Metal Trifluoroethyl xanthates by Thin Layer chromatography’.M. F. Hussain, R. K. Bansal, B. K. Puri and M. Satake. Analyst (London), 1985, 110, 779-783
- Spectrophotometric Determination of Tellurium after Separation by Coprecipitation of Its Trifluoroethylxanthate with Naphthalene’. M. F. Hussain, B. K. Puri, R. K. Bansal and M. Satake, Analyst (London), 1984, 109, 1291-1295
- ‘Trifluoroethylxanthate as a Reagent for the Determination of Gold’, M. F. Hussain, R.K.Bansal, B.K.Puri and M.Satake. Analyst (London), 1984, 109, 1151-1153.
- Solid-liquid Separation after Liquid-liquid Extraction: Spectrophotometric Determination of Cobalt by Extraction of Its 2-Methoxyethyl Xanthate in Molten Naphthalene’. M. F. Hussain,R. K. Bansal andB. K. Puri.CroaticaChemicaActa, 1984, 57(2), 219-227.
- ‘Spectophotometric Determination of Zinc and Lead after Extraction of Their 1-pyrrolidine carbodithioate Complexes into Molten Naphthalene and Replacement with Copper’. Avadesh Kumar, M. F. Hussain, M. Satake and B. K. Puri. Journal of Chinese Chemical Society, 1984, 31, 55-62.
- Spectophotometric Determination of Cobalt using Potassium n-Butyl xanthate’.M. F. Hussain, B. K. Puri, A. L. J. Rao and S. Singh. ChimicaActaTurcica, 1983, 11, 181-190.
- Spectophotometric Determination of Nickel by Extraction of Its PyrrolidineDithio-carbamate Complex into Molten Naphthalene’. Avadesh Kumar, M. F. Hussain, M. Satake and B. K. Puri. ChimicaActaTurcica, 1983, 11(3), 337-344.
- Spectophotometric Determination of Niobium, Vanadium and Osmium after Extraction of Their 8-Hydroxyquinolinates into Molten Naphthalene’. B. K. Puri, M. Gautam, Ashok Kumar, A. Wasey, M. F. Hussain and C. L. Sethi. ChemicaScripta, 1983, 22, 19-21
- Spectophotometric Determination of Palladium(II) by Extraction of Its 1-Pyrrolidine carbodithioate into Molten Naphthalene’. Avadesh Kumar, M. F. Hussain, M. Satake and B. K. Puri. Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan, 1982, 55(11), 3455-3458.
- 'Major ion and heavy metal chemistry of Pachin river (Itanagar) - levels and sources'.M. F. Hussain, I. Ahmad and K. O. Konhauser. Journal of Environmental Science & Engineering, 2006, 48(1), 27 - 34.
- 'Variability in Physico-chemical Parameters of Pachin river (Itanagar)'.M. F. Hussain and I. Ahmad.Indian J. of Environmental Health, 2002, 44(4), 329-336.
- ‘Level of Air Pollution in the Fire Area of JhariaCoalfield’.S. P. Banerjee and M. F. Hussain. Indian Journal of Environmental Protection, 1989, 9(7), 499-505.
- Distribution of Trace Elements in Bed Sediment of River Pachin, Itanagar, India’. Mohammad Farid Hussain, Y. Bidyalaxmi Devi, Iqbal Ahmad and RamakarJha. Published in the Proceedings of the XII World Water Congress ‘Water for Sustainable Development – Towards Innovative Solutions’ 22–25 November ,2005 held at Hotel Ashoke,Organized by Central Board of Irrigation and Power, New Delhi.
- BOD-DO Simulation for River Pachin, Arunachal Pradesh’. M. F. Hussain and RamakarJha. Published in the Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on “Water Quality Management”, 13–15 February 2003; Central Board of Irrigation and Power, New Delhi.